To prevent progression of hallux valgus while relieving joint pain, this flexible corrective orthotic by EPITACT® acts during walking on all of the factors that can aggravate the deformity. It has been specially designed to fit into all types of shoes.
Do you have a Bunion on Your Foot? Whether or not it is causing you problems, don’t ignore the consequences: it should be addressed as soon as possible to limit the negative repercussions on other joints and especially on the knee. This is the purpose of the hallux valgus corrector orthotic, achieved by realigning the big toe! Unlike a traditional hallux valgus splint, it is for use during the day. Which results in a greater support and relief from the pain, where already present, caused by hallux valgus. This orthotic can be used as a treatment, but also as a form of prevention to limit the progression of hallux valgus by correcting the positioning of the big toe.
- The patented external tendon made from EPITHELIUM®FLEX silicone straightens the big toe. The extent of correction can easily be adjusted by exerting greater or lesser tension on the tendon.
- The EPITHELIUM®FLEX external tendon also absorbs pressure on the bunion and therefore relieves pain.
- The Epithelium® disc creates a comfortable toe piece that acts as a counter-support with the shoe and allows the 1st metatarsal to be pushed back.
- The extra-slim metatarsal compression sleeve acts against crushing and widening of the forefoot.
Conditions of use: The hallux valgus orthotic must not be used if the big toe is no longer moving freely. In this case, you should choose Hallux Valgus Protector.
To correct and limit the development of hallux valgus while relieving articular pain.
- Big toe that does not move.
- Do not use on open wounds.
- Persons suffering from arteritis, diabetes, polyneuropathy, neuropathy of the lower limbs or varicose ulcers: never use the product on a wound, monitor the feet during use and ask your doctor or chiropodist for advice.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
- First check that the big toe can still move laterally when manipulated. If it cannot, do not use this device.
- Do not use this product overnight.
- The orthosis can be used on either the right or the left foot.
- Insert the forefoot in the strap.
- Then put a hood on the big toe.
- Place the EpitheliumTM patch (a) behind the bunion (b). (See Diagram 1)
- On the first day, do not try to straighten the big toe.
- Over 10 days, progressively straighten (See Diagram 2)
The device should be worn daily for maximum efficiency.
- Machine-wash at 30°C in the washing bag supplied or wash by hand (without rubbing).
- Leave to air-dry. Do not iron.
COMPOSITION: 58% silicone, 42% polyamide/elastane fabric.
The materials used have passed all the regulatory tests required by ISO standard 10993-1 relating to products that come into contact with the skin. If an incident occurs, stop using the product immediately and inform MILLET Innovation.
Millet Innovation cannot be held responsible for failure to use the product in accor- dance with the manufacturerʼs recommendations.
The corrective orthosis brace is available in sizes S, M and L. See the size guide below.
If you can’t decide between 2 sizes, choose the smaller one.